welcome. everything I write here is something I felt to be important to some degree; game reviews, life updates/vents, and philosophical musings. I do my best to make my statements truthful. everyone is welcome to post comments, provided they are relevant.

12.16.2005

it's been a while again. time to post.

so i got fired from the security job. the situation surrounding that is partly understandable and partly stupid. one of my shifts involved escourting a painter through newly occupied condos to do touch-ups. this particular shift i was only doing because whoever was supposed to do it couldn't and i was begged to do it the night before, and i didn't get much sleep because of that. in any case, at one point, in a lapse of judgement, i laid back on a bedin one of these units for a few minutes. then, one of the construction company's workers comes in to check on the painter's progress and obviously saw me on the bed. at the time, they didn't say anything to me, so i din't think much of it. that was about 3 MONTHS ago. around early december, they call me and say that they're doing layoffs and this incident has put me fairly low on their keep list. I had no idea that there was a problem in the first place, and 3 months is a pretty long time to sit on a complaint without telling the guard involved.

anyway, i wouldn't have wanted to work for them much longer anyway. they suck. i would like to know when i'm working AT LEAST 24 hours in advance.

So i'm working at Zellers for the rest of december. they said they don't normally hire in december, but stuff happened and they needed people. I had experience at Radio Shack (now called "the Source", how cheesy is that?) and it's just for december anyway.

I had cancelled a bunch of subscriptions to mmorpgs and stuff when i got fired, because i was also a bit late on a few credit card payments and i had about $60 left in the bank after that, but that was before my last payment from my previous employer.

i think i'll call them "that damn security company" from now on. i can't believe they're still in business.

No comments: